Friday, April 25, 2008

A Series of Tubes

So, I'm reading a review for a random, unnamed game, and it's mentioned that "online capability" would have made the game much better. You know, "good game, but online multiplayer should have been included" kind of argument. I'm sure you've seen this before. And it's a valid point, sometimes. If you like to go to World War II Germany and kill a bunch of Nazis, as I sometimes do, why not pair up with Tommy from Yorkshire?

However, this is where I take issue.

I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY ONLINE AGAINST TOMMY FROM YORKSHIRE TO SEE WHO CAN PREPARE A BETTER SALAD, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH. THIS IS RETARDED OF YOU TO SAY.

Besides, I don't play online anymore. I used to, and it was sometimes fun, even. I liked always having my defense up first in Starcraft, and being able to hold off the first inevitable Zergling Rush. I always got schooled by the inevitable EveryZergUnitPossible Rush, but that's the way she goes.

Now, though, I like the immediacy of playing against a couple of guys in the room with me. After many nights spent playing fighting games with DDR mats and Mario Partying until the break of dawn, I've grown accustomed to playing multiplayer games with my friends on the couch. It's just more fun than staring at a screen alone, having fun over the internet.


(I'm astounded. I wrote this post a week ago, and Blogger actually saved a draft SOMEWHERE, only to not tell me until just now.)

No comments: